Further Light and Knowledge

FLAK Statistics, a graph of posts per day.
NEW! Archive of The View from the Foyer.
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:30 am 
Election Made Sure

I'm not really cut out to be a forum moderator. I'm more than happy to just sit back and pay for the web space (and to all those who have asked, it's a tiny cost, right now I'm not asking for any donations and don't plan to in the near future).

However, I don't want the forum to just run wild. Right now I'd appreciate it if everyone sticks to the old Foyer rules and etiquette and so forth. There will be plenty of time for change later, bit by bit. But for now that means no politics, and no whatever-else was banned before. If those who moderated on the Foyer would be willing to, I'd appreciate having them as moderators here to clean up a bit. I've even extended an invitation to Archimedes himself, if he's willing to take it.

So please, let's make this a safe place for everyone. Thanks!

Last edited by solistics on Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:36 am 
Election Made Sure

solistics wrote:
If those who moderated on the Foyer would be willing to, I'd appreciate having them as moderators here to clean up a bit. I've even extended an invitation to Archimedes himself, if he's willing to take it.

I agree with the sentiment to keep most of the moderators from the old Foyer on-board, with one exception (other than Arch, of course who should summarily be banned) I nominate that CP not be allowed to come in here and stir shit up like she did on the old Foyer, as a moderator, when she wasn't even a participant. CP=concerned parent. I don't know if anyone but the old timers even know who she is, I certainly didn't, and she seemed to detract from both threads that she "moderated."

-DV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:39 am 
Election Made Sure

desert_vulture wrote:
I agree with the sentiment to keep most of the moderators from the old Foyer on-board, with one exception (other than Arch, of course who should summarily be banned) I nominate that CP not be allowed to come in here and stir shit up like she did on the old Foyer, as a moderator, when she wasn't even a participant. CP=concerned parent. I don't know if anyone but the old timers even know who she is, I certainly didn't, and she seemed to detract from both threads that she "moderated."

This is the board of second chances. I'm happy to have CP as a moderator, but if there is still unhappiness with her moderating choices at that time, I'm also happy to have things change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:43 am 
Election Made Sure

If you wish, I'd be willing to do the night shift. I.e. during the day here in the UK. Let me know if you need the help. I'm online at work all day so it would not be a problem.

Last edited by averagejoe on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:46 am 
Election Made Sure

How about before anyone is made a moderator there is a thread where people can air their personal grievances and/or give props? Then if too many people object, they don't get to be a mod. Not quite a democratic vote, but at least a democratic voice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:00 am 
Election Made Sure

solistics wrote:
I've even extended an invitation to Archimedes himself, if he's willing to take it.

I agree that this should be a safe place for everyone, which is why I need to question your gracious invitation to archie. I mean... I don't even know what to say other than: the guy has issues. I don't think moderator is really in his resume of skills, if you know what I mean.

I think this move should be an opportunity for board growth, improvement, and beneficial change.

My contribution of 2 cents...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:16 am 
Election Made Sure

Thanks to Froggie for stepping up/not stepping down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:22 am 
Election Made Sure

chandelier wrote:
Thanks to Froggie for stepping up/not stepping down.

Does this mean she volunteered to moderate here? If so, excellent choice. She most definitely has my vote!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:36 am 
Guardian Angel - Emeritus

Well, it felt more like a draft, lol, but I am happy to be here and hope we can all be nice while in making decisions during this transition.

I'm just glad to see the familiar faces showing up! I just read the old board threads, and feel awful that whole thing blew up like it did.

Big green hugs,

Froggie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:39 am 
Election Made Sure

Froggie wrote:
Well, it felt more like a draft, lol, but I am happy to be here and hope we can all be nice while in making decisions during this transition.

Froggie... you may be too nice to be a hard line moderator! :wink:

Alright, I'll now leave my opinions about this subject at the door.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:56 am 
Election Made Sure

Props to Equality as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:58 am 
Election Made Sure

-Domokun- wrote:
How about before anyone is made a moderator there is a thread where people can air their personal grievances and/or give props? Then if too many people object, they don't get to be a mod. Not quite a democratic vote, but at least a democratic voice.

We can't have the airing of the grievances until Festivus! Are we going to throw all decorum to the wind immediately?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:04 pm 
Election Made Sure

belaja was the first person to tell me "fuck you" on the foyer, i really hope she starts out with that again on the new foyer. the fucker. gawd i hope for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:06 pm 
Election Made Sure

Mayan Elephant wrote:
belaja was the first person to tell me "fuck you" on the foyer, i really hope she starts out with that again on the new foyer. the fucker. gawd i hope for that.

Fuck you! I want to be first!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:17 pm 
Election Made Sure

Some Schmo wrote:
Mayan Elephant wrote:

Fuck you! I want to be first!

Goddammit, Schmo, no cuts!

Fuck you, Mayan!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next